It’s time for Utah’s top journalism contest!
The contest opens March 14, 2022. Winners will be announced at our annual awards gala in June, so long as pandemic conditions allow.
Sponsored by the Utah Headliners Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, this statewide contest includes dozens of contest categories in reporting, photography, videography, design and other skills. Utah SPJ Honors recognize outstanding dedication to journalistic principles and service to journalism in the state.
• Both SPJ members and non-members are invited to participate. Students entries are also accepted.
• News organizations are encouraged to submit work on behalf of their staffs, but individuals are also welcome to enter their work.
• The COVID-19 contest categories have returned
• We have new categories for environmental reporting and solutions journalism
• Low per-entry fee of $10 for SPJ members and $15 for non-members. Honors nominations are free.
• Entries are due by midnight on Friday, April 15, 2022. Submissions must be paid for to be considered complete.
Go to contest.utahspj.com to review our contest categories and rules, create an entrant account and start submitting your best work. Note: previous accounts do not carry over, a new entrant account is required each year.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org